GYMFIT Recreational Gymnastics for Girls
Gymnastics provides a variety of challenges involving the entire body and the mind, while developing character traits that will help participants throughout their entire lives. As it develops balance, coordination, flexibility and strength, gymnastics is considered the foundation of all sports. It also compliments every sport and helps your child be the best they can be!
The gymnastics CANGYM Level System, used across Canada, forms the basis of this non-competitive gymnastics curriculum. Gymnasts will learn skills on Olympic equipment, men’s or women’s events and also trampoline. Evaluations are done 4x over the entire year while gymnasts work at their own pace, according to their individual level of ability. Participants must be enrolled 8-10 weeks in advance of testing to be evaluated and will receive either a testing report or a progress report.
* A month consists of 4 classes.
* We prefer new members start the first week of the month. See start dates on the Class Calendar here.
* Tuition is monthly, due on the 1st of each month.
* Annual Membership Fee (Gymnastics Ontario Membership) $45.00 per person. * Cannot be prorated.
* All fees + HST.
* To withdraw, email (by the 15th of the month) for the next month.
* Sorry, we do not hold spots.
How to Register
* If a class is full, please join our waitlist.
* To login to your parent portal click here.
* To create a new account click Register beside the class of your choice.
* You can pay monthly or in full!
* There is a minimum 1 month commitment.
* Read our updated policies here before registering.
* To make a monthly payment, click here
* When a spot becomes available, or new classes open, waitlisted members are contacted first!
Levels & Testing
* Gymnasts should attend a minimum of 8 weeks prior to all achievement weeks, to allow for adequate learning time.
* Parents will be notified in real-time of new skills accomplished!
* Certificates can be printed from our Skill Tracking Program at home.
* Sometimes a gymnast may move to a more advanced class. This will require a class change. You do not need to re- enrol. Simply call or email our office team to change classes.
* Achievement Weeks are listed on our Class Calendar here.
SAVE! Family Discounts
* Sibling discount save 10% (2 or more children- 4th child free!)
* 2nd class per week discount save 20%
* Full Year Membership (1 payment SAVE 10% Aug 1) 2 Payment’s Sept 1/Jan 1 SAVE 5%)
* Full Season (Sept -June)
NEW! Calendar of Months for Classes
Gym Session 2023-2024
(4 classes per month)
|No Classes||Makeup Classes||Achievement
|JUL||July 4-31||July 1-3||No|
|AUG||Aug 1-28||Aug 7
Aug 30-Sept 4
|Achievement Week||Aug 22-29|
|SEP||Sept 5-Oct 1||Sep 4||Nov 29|
|OCT||Oct 2-30||Oct 9
|Achievement Week||Oct 23-29|
|NOV||Nov 1-Nov 28||Nov 29, 30||No|
|DEC||Dec 1-28||Dec 1, 2
dates Dec 1, 2, 3
|JAN||Jan 4-31||Jan 1-3||No|
|Achievement Week||Jan 22-28|
|FEB||Feb 1-28||Feb 19||Feb 29|
|MAR||Mar 1-28||Mar 29, 30, 31
|APR||Apr 2-29||Apr 1||No|
|Achievement Week||Apr 3-9|
|MAY||May 1- June 2||May 20
May 25, 26
Competition – dates
|JUN||June 3-30||Closed July 1,2||Kinderstars and Gymstars
Meet June 23 Year
End Gala June 29,30
|Achievement Week||Jun 10-16|
- It is recommended gymnasts attend a minimum of 8 weeks before all Achievement Weeks.
Personal Best! Personal Goals! Self-Confidence!
Girls GYMFIT Intro (Level 1-2)
Jr (ages 6-8) Sr (ages 9+)
Start here if your child is 6 yrs + and has never done gymnastics before, or if they have graduated from Tumblin’ Tigers or Advanced Tumblin’ Tigers. This is where they will begin their journey through the CANGYM level system. This introductory class will teach and/or review the necessary basics of warming up and beginner gymnastics on all events in a fun, safe manner using logical progressions. This program introduce your child to learning gymnastics with proper technique.
Recommendation: 1 or 2x per week.
Girls GYMFIT (Levels 3-4)
Jr (ages 6-8) Sr (ages 9+)
This program is designed to continue developing strength, including full body support, flexibility and more skills. Participants will be introduced to new gymnastics skills on all Olympic events, learning elements such as handstands, cartwheels, bridges, and more! This program improves coordination, flexibility, strength and balance!
Pre-requisite: Level 2
Recommendation: 1.5 hr class, 1 or 2x per week
Girls Advanced GYMFIT (Level 5-6)
Jr (ages 6-8) Sr (ages 9+)
This is a progressive program with an ‘advanced style’ approach designed to develop skills at a faster pace. It involves increased emphasis on conditioning and flexibility, specific technical details for skills such as walkovers, round offs and more. The expectations are higher in this program. Please note: it may take more than a few testing periods to advance through these higher levels. Participants will gain self-confidence through hard work and achieving skills!
Pre-requisite: Level 4
Recommendation: 1.5 hr class, 2x per week
Girls GYMSTARS (Level 5+ by Coach Recommendation Only)
Jr (ages 7-9 yrs) Sr (ages 10-13yrs)
This ‘extra advanced’ program, by coaches’ recommendation only, is designed to develop skills such as walkovers, handsprings, round off back handsprings etc. Greater emphasis will be placed on conditioning and is centered on learning more advanced skills in the CANGYM level system, at a faster pace. Gymnasts will learn Junior Olympic routines and participate in a mandatory, ‘fun’ recreational competition hosted at our facility, giving these gymnasts the ‘full gymnastics experience’. This program will teach your child to work hard towards their goals and may lead to our competitive program.
Pre-requisite: Level 7 or by coach recommendation
Recommendation: 2 hr class, 2 or 3x per week
Requirement: Gymstars bodysuit, Competition Fee (due at registration)
Open Gym (co-ed)
Looking for a fun activity to keep fit, spend time with friends, learn new skills or as extra practice? Open Gym is for you! No commitment required! This program is for ages 8yrs+ and all levels. Trampoline! Conditioning! Flips! Other than a mandatory warm-up, classes are unstructured but always supervised by a qualified coach. This format allows participants to choose the equipment and skills they want to work on, at their level of ability of course.
Visit the office to purchase your Open Gym 10 Class Pass today!
Recommendations: 1 or 2x per week